- 2 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 C Butter, Diced
- 1 T Salt
- ¼ C Ice Water
- 2 C Broccoli Florets
- 1 Onion, Small Diced
- 1 T Minced Garlic
- 1 ½ C Heavy Cream
- 4 Eggs
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- ¾ C Mozzarella
- ¾ C Provolone
- 1 ½ C Feta Cheese
- 3 C Fontina
- Place the butter, flour, salt, and water in the kitchen aid with the paddle attachment and mix it slowly until it forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and allow the dough to rest for half an hour.
- Roll the crust to about ¼ inch thickness and place it into a 10 inch tart pan, using your fingers to form the edges.
- Over high heat, sauté the onion until tender. A little color is fine.
- Add the broccoli and continue to cook over high heat, allowing the broccoli to crisp at the edges.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Cool before using.
- Spread the broccoli mixture evenly along the bottom of the tart crust. Add the feta cheese first, distributing evenly. Add the mozzarella & provolone blend next. Finish with the fontina, making sure that this cheese covers the entire top as the other cheeses will get too dark.
- Whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, salt, and black pepper and pour it over the cheese.
- Bake in a conventional oven set to 350 for approximately one hour, or until set.