- 1 Large Onion
- 1 ½ C Molasses
- ½ C Worcestershire
- ½ C Karo Corn Syrup
- 1 T Adobo Paste
- Slice the onion into rings about an inch thick, brush both sides of each slice with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Be careful to keep the rings together, so it grills evenly.
- Grill the onion on both sides over a medium high heat, flipping halfway through, allowing the onion to burn at the edges and gain deep grill marks.
- Place all ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth.
- Place in a sauce pot and slowly bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, strain, and reserve.
This glaze is perfect for steak. It complements the natural flavors of the steak without overpowering it.