- 2# Carrots, Peeled and Sliced ¼” Thick
- 8 oz Water
- 6 oz Butter
- 1 T Minced Garlic
- 1 T Minced Shallots
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- ¼ t Cumin
- 1/8 t Cayenne Salt to taste
- Cook the carrots in the butter and water in an 8 qt stock pot over high heat until the water boils. Reduce to a simmer and add the shallots and garlic. Cover with a lid and cook until the carrots are completely tender. Add more water if needed.
- Puree in the blender until the mixture is completely smooth. Add water sparingly, the puree should be thick.
- Finish with the lemon juice, cumin and cayenne. Season with salt to taste.