Our Chef’s recipe for No Knead Bread is a favorite in the Tarragon kitchen and goes a little something like this;
- ¼ C SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- 1 T OREGANO
- ¼ T GARLIC POWDER
- ½ T ONION POWDER
- 3 C BREAD FLOUR
- ¼ T YEAST
- 1 T KOSHER SALT
- 1 3/4 C WATER
- TO BEGIN, POUR BREAD MIX INTO A LARGE BOWL.
- ADD 1 ¾ C OF WATER AND STIR UNTIL IT IS COMBINED.
- COVER THE BOWL WITH PLASTIC WRAP AND LET REST FOR 12 HOURS.
- ON A FLOURED SURFACE, TURN THE BOWL UPSIDE DOWN TO REMOVE THE DOUGH.
- FOLD IT OVER ON ITSELF, SPRINKLE IT WITH A LITTLE FLOUR, AND FOLD IT ONCE MORE.
- COVER LOOSELY WITH PLASTIC WRAP AND LET REST FOR 20 MINUTES.
- WET YOUR HANDS TO KEEP THEM FROM STICKING TO THE DOUGH, AND SHAPE THE DOUGH INTO A BALL.
- PLACE ON A COTTON TOWEL SPRINKLED WITH CORNMEAL AND COVER WITH ANOTHER COTTON TOWEL.
- LET RISE FOR TWO HOURS.
- PLACE A 6 QUART COVERED POT IN AN OVEN AND PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 45O DEGREES.
(MAKE SURE YOUR POT CAN WITHSTAND HIGH TEMPERATURES)
- WHEN THE DOUGH IS READY, REMOVE THE POT FROM THE OVEN. TURN THE DOUGH OUT INTO THE POT SO THE SEAM SIDE IS UP. SHAKE THE PAN TO EVENLY DISTRIBUTE.
- COVER WITH THE LID AND BAKE FOR 30 MINUTES.
- REMOVE THE LID AND BAKE FOR ANOTHER 15-20 MINUTES, UNTIL THE LOAF IS A NICE RICH BROWN.
3 responses to “No Knead Bread”
What a wonderful recipe! Timing can be tricky, but I mixed it up just before bedtime and finished it the next day. Everyone loved it and it is so simple to make. Even a first time baker could get great results. I will be making it again this weekend for our Paella Party!
Thank you! A great addition to my recipe collection!
Glad you liked it, Laurie! I’m sure your guests will love it!
You will need 24 hours to create the bread, but much of this is unattended waiting, a slow fermentation of the dough that results in a perfect loaf. In a large bowl combine flour, yeast and salt.