It’s that time of year again! We love the holidays here in the Tarragon kitchen and some of our favorite holiday traditions involve the exceptional baked goods that come steaming out of the oven. This month’s Featured Recipe is for Classic Christmas Cookies. Put these on the table for the family at your holiday celebration!
Yield: 36-48 Regular Sized Cookie Cutouts
- ½ C Brown Sugar
- ½ C Sugar
- ½ C Margarine
- ½ C Butter
- 1/3 C Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 2 t Baking Powder
- 1 t Baking Soda
- ¾ t Salt
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 1 t Almond Extract
- 4 ½ C Flour
- 1 C Powdered Sugar
- 2 t Whole Milk
- ¼t Almond Extract
- 2t Corn Syrup
- 2 Drops Food Coloring of Choice
- Cream both sugars, butter, and margarine in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment on medium speed.
- Slowly add the eggs.
- Add the sour cream and both extracts.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Remove from the mixer, and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Flour the work surface and roll the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of ¼ inch. Cut out the dough into the desired shapes. The dough can be re-rolled to use the “scraps”.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nothing makes the holidays warm and delicious like a batch of Christmas Cookies!
3 responses to “Classic Christmas Cookies”
How can I get the recipe for the frosting (or icing) ? Please & thanks.
Great Point! Here’s our recipe for sugar cookie frosting:
1 C Powdered Sugar
2 t Whole Milk
¼t Almond Extract
2t Corn Syrup
2 Drops Food Coloring of Choice
Thank you for the recipes