Cooking from Home is a series our Executive Chef, Bret Andreasen, began during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our hope is simply to bring a little bit of the comfort and delight of Tarragon into your homes.
These stir fry noodles are a little more complex but well worth the added work for a rainy day in quarantine!
Quick Pickled Cucumbers:
- 2 C Cucumbers, Thinly Sliced
- 1 C Hot Water from the Tap
- ½ C Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¼ C Sugar
- 2 T Salt
Add all the ingredients to a container and mix thoroughly. These pickles can be enjoyed in an hour and can last up to a week.
Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1 C Soy Sauce
- ¼ C Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¼ C Water
- 3 T Honey
- 2 T Sriracha
- ½ t Sesame Oil
- 1/3 C Corn Starch
- 1 Head of Broccoli, Florets and Stems
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Medium Diced
- 1 Yellow Onion, Medium Diced
- 1 C of Snap Peas, Halved on the Bias
- 2 Carrots, Peeled and Thinly Sliced
- 4 Ribs of Celery, Thinly Sliced
- 1 C of Cremini Mushrooms, Thinly Sliced
- ½ C Radish, Thinly Sliced
- ¼ C Garlic, Minced
- 4 Ramen Noodle Squares
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, heat a large sauté pan over high heat until it begins to smoke. Add all the vegetables and ½ C of water. Cover with a lid and allow to steam for about 5 minutes, stirring once halfway through to prevent burning and ensure there is still some water in the pan.
- Begin cooking your noodles at this time. Depending on what brand you use, cooking time will vary. You still want a little bit of tooth to the noodle. When they are ready, drain the noodles into a colander. Try to time this step up with the following step so that the noodles don’t clump together waiting in the colander.
- Once the vegetables are cooked to your preference (there should still be some crunch), add the sauce and bring to a boil to allow the cornstarch to thicken the sauce. Add the noodles and toss to thoroughly incorporate.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and the pickled cucumbers.