- 1.5# Ground Chicken
- ¾ C Homemade Ricotta Cheese (Try our Homemade Ricotta Recipe here!)
- ¼ C Parmesan, Grated
- 2 T Garlic, Minced
- ¼ C Heirloom Tomato Sauce (Try our Heirloom Tomato Sauce Recipe here!)
- ¼ C Parsley, Chopped
- 2 Whole Eggs
- ¾ C Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 T Salt
- 1 t Black Pepper
- Place all ingredients except ground chicken in a large mixing bowl and mix until the panko breadcrumbs absorb liquid.
- Add the chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Portion into 1 oz balls, and bake on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and pan spray at 350 for 10 minutes, rotating halfway through. Alternatively, you can pan sear them in olive oil which is altogether more authentic and adds a little bit more flavor but is more trouble in a home kitchen than it is worth, in my opinion.
- At this point, the meatballs will be cooked to medium well and may be finished in red sauce, or in broth, or whatever the final application is.