You can easily make your own ricotta at home by following these simple steps. Store bought ricotta is affordable and accessible but pales in comparison to the quality and flavor of the kind you can make yourself.
- 2 Qt Whole Milk
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- 1 T Salt
- 3 T White Wine Vinegar
- ½ C Heavy Cream
- Combine the whole milk, 1 C of the heavy cream, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and add the white wine vinegar. Stir with a rubber spatula to incorporate.
- Return the mixture to a boil and then remove from the heat.
- Strain through a mesh strainer. Allow to rest in the strainer for 10 minutes to drain completely.
- Add the ½ C of heavy cream and season with additional salt if needed.