Dear Honey Run Friends,
Do you ever take your home for granted? Do you forget how nice it is until a friend comes over and shares their admiration for your home? I do this often with The Inn at Honey Run. I see the property and the staff daily, and without purposefully trying, I simply get narrow sighted and miss all the truly magical events occurring all around me. It is only when I see The Inn through your eyes that I become reacquainted with the magical dedication of daily events that occur here.
- Did you know that the Director of Housekeeping has been with us for ten years, and that she leads her team with love and dedication for each and every guest? Don’t believe me? Read our TripAdvisor reviews. In the past decade, we have not had a single negative review due to the failing of housekeeping. This is an unheard-of statistic in the hotel world.
- Did you know that our Executive Chef, in addition to creating all the culinary delights that you experience in Tarragon, manages our 14 colonies of bees, is working with our horticulture team on developing a 2-acre garden, and is actively planning ways to source all of our food locally if not directly from our property?
- Did you know that our maintenance team does all of our remodeling and maintenance for the property? These gentlemen are skilled craftsmen and perfectionists when remodeling a room. They want the finished product to be perfect for each of you.
- Did you know that over half of our Dining Room Attendants have worked for us over 7 years, intertwining their lives with yours while enjoying the reunion with each of you when you return to The Inn?
- Did you know that in addition to maintaining our flower beds and landscaping, our horticultural team works closely with state and county officials to ensure the health of our grounds and to remove non-native plants while replacing them with native species to increase the quality of our property’s ecosystem?
- Did you know that all our exhibits in the Holmes County Open Air Art Museum to date are created by Ohio Artists?
- Did you know that your stories and interactions with our team mean the world to us? Many of you take the time to become part of our family at The Inn. This is the reason we wake up each day and come to work. There are plenty of nice hotels in the world that people can go to for a night’s sleep. We recognize that your presence is a gift of you and your time, and we are truly blessed to be allowed to share this experience with you.
We recognize we are not always perfect, but we hope that you experience our desire to reach perfection. We decide each and every day to try to provide you with a first-class, loving, and memorable experience. Thank you for showing us how incredible The Inn at Honey Run experience is for you. Thank you for helping our team members provide for their families by visiting The Inn. Thank you for helping us be Ohio’s premiere boutique inn for 37 years. We look forward to another 37 years of growing and serving each of you!
Your humbled Innkeeper,
3 responses to “Letter from Jason – May 2019”
Hi Jason, Hope the spring is unfolding in to a prosperous summer for you and the Inn.
i am a senior citizen who loves the Inn at Honey Run. when you have run special room rates, i have always tried to take advantage of them! when i am in Holmes county , i drive through your site and feel the calmness and the beauty ! Thanks so much for being there!
The Inn is lovely and the peaceful, secluded cottage setting in the woods was just what I was looking for in a restful tranquil retreat! Wow 37 years in business! That is wonderful! I hope to come back again with my husband!