The “Engagement Season” is upon us! Christmas and Valentine’s Day are the two busiest days for jewelers as far as engagement ring purchases. 80% of engagement rings are purchased for Christmas or Valentines Day gifts. What better time to celebrate love than the holidays? Everyone is so excited to see the beautiful ring. Family is visiting and able to help with planning dates, venues, ideas, the recounting of historical stories of parents or grandparents or aunts and uncles engagements and weddings. Oh, the fun stories that are shared about family engagements as soon as a couple becomes engaged. It’s amazing how left-handed a girl becomes as soon as that “rock” goes on her finger. From personal experience, my daughter reaches for everything with her left hand, flags cabs with her left hand, hands anything to anyone with her left hand. Most wedding shows are usually in the first three months of the year for the very reason of all the holiday engagements.
Every bride is excited and anxious to start planning for her special day. Here are a few tips for you about information you should have before calling to talk to a venue about your wedding:
- Date or approximate date (Reception halls or hotels usually have high demand or busy seasons that have higher rates so it’s hard to quote if you don’t have a date in mind)
- Number of guests you would like to plan for wedding ceremony, dinner, reception
- Do you want an indoor or outdoor venue
- Will you need hotel rooms in close proximity to the venue
- Have you discussed budget with parents or each other
- Somewhat of a vision as to casual, formal, traditional or contempory wedding ceremony and reception
- Do you want a DJ or a band for dancing at the reception?
- Would you like any activities planned for your immediate family or wedding party (i.e. spa appointments for the girls, golf/zip lining/paint balling for the guys)
Just remember, the more business you do with a venue, the better your pricing will be. Enjoy this happy, wonderful time and happy planning.