Cooking from Home is a series our Executive Chef, Bret Andreasen, began during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our hope is simply to bring a little bit of the comfort and delight of Tarragon into your homes.
This recipe is so simple it only takes about 10 minutes of actual work to throw together!
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Medium Diced
- 2 Carrots, Peeled, Quartered and Sliced
- 3 T Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) Cans of Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) Can of Great Northern Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 15 oz Water
- 2 T Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a 6 quart sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and carrots and cook until the onions are translucent, and the carrots have little tooth left to them.
- Add the garlic and sweat until fragrant, about two minutes.
- Add both types of tomatoes in their juices, the great northern beans and the water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the thyme leaves and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.