If you’re looking for a delicious sauce to add to your summer barbecue menu, you’ve come to the right place. Our charred molasses recipe is sure to be a hit with dinner guests, your significant other, or your family.
One Large Onion
1 ½ C Molasses
½ C Worcestershire
½ C Karo Corn Syrup
1 T Adobo Paste
- Peel the onion and slice about an inch thick, so you have about 4 or 5 slices of concentric circles.
- Brush both sides of each slice with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sliced onion on your grill, keeping the rings together, and cook until each side of the sliced onions is charred and very burnt.
- Place all ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth.
- Place in a sauce pot and slowly bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and strain through the chinois. Reserve.
Our Executive Chef Bret Andreasen uses this sauce almost any time he grills a steak or a pork chop. It accentuates the flavor of the meat without overpowering it.