Ohio Amish Country is a place of respite for many during romantic getaways and long weekends. It is a place to unwind away from technology and the fast paced craze of the city, and as you might imagine, the nightlife scene in Holmes County is just as relaxed. When it comes to things to do, here are our top five “nightlife” suggestions. Yes, we realize that can be a bit oxymoronic. But hey, we can try.
Top Five Nightlife Activities in Ohio Amish Country
1. Renew Your Taste Buds at Tarragon. In our opinion, Tarragon restaurant is the best place to find a high-end, handcrafted meal in Ohio Amish Country. Our contemporary American cuisine is artfully prepared using only the best local ingredients. Dinner is served until 9pm each night and guests enjoy a variety of options well suited for both the vegetarian and the meat lover (with gluten-free options, too). Being our in-house restaurant, of course we’ve got a bit of a bias, but some guest favorites include Pan Seared Scallops with tomato onion relish and zucchini cream sauce and the Grilled Filet Mignon with foie gras butter and red wine reduction. The meal wouldn’t be complete without dessert (and calories don’t count on vacation), so indulge in one of our decadent desserts to finish off the night. After such a lavish meal, the lucky diners can roll right into bed if they’ve booked lodging right here at the Inn at Honey Run.
2. Tap Your Toes To the Beat at Amish Door Village. Shows at the Amish Door Village always include a home-style meal with the ticket price. Relax to the sounds of gospel, doo wop, or the newest up and coming comedians at the Amish Door Village. With both matinees and evening shows, there is bound to be something for everyone at this local Ohio Amish Country nightlife gem.
3. Enjoy a One of a Kind Amish-inspired Musical. Enjoy dinner and a show entirely unique to Ohio Amish Country by seeing one of the popular musicals at the Theater at Carlisle Inn. The theater presents two Amish-based musicals for 2014: Beverly Lewis’ The Confession Musical and a new musical, Half-Stitched from Wanda Brunstetter. Get a sneak peak of the popular musical, The Confession, on YouTube.
4. Brew Up a Good Time at Millersburg Brewing Company. Nothing says nightlife like beer, and Millersburg Brewing Company has mastered the craft brew. They offer an array of beers ranging from Blondes, to India Pale Ales, and even a Vanilla Porter. You can sample their suds at the brewery or at Bags Sports Pub, which carries a selection of their beers are also available on tap. In downtown Millersburg, both are gratefully close to most lodging in Ohio Amish Country. At Bags Sports Pub, enjoy a sports game and hearty pub food.
5. Create your own Nightlife at the Inn at Honey Run. The Inn at Honey Run is an adults-only refuge where creating your own nightlife is just as fun as heading out. Enjoy our signature Tarragon Martini in the lounge. Rent a DVD or borrow a set of our night vision goggles to have an evening bird watching adventure. Our customizable packages are always a great night in and include chocolate concoctions fit for any chocoholic, movie theatre goodies (Ever tried white truffle popcorn? Warning: it is addicting), and even Amish buggy rides. Lodging doesn’t have to be boring, and the Inn at Honey Run is just the place to unwind with a little of luxury.
Have you experienced any of these Amish Country “nightlife” picks first-hand? We love hearing from you, so share your experience in the comments!