Cooking from Home is a series our Executive Chef, Bret Andreasen, began during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our hope is simply to bring a little bit of the comfort and delight of Tarragon into your homes.
- 3# Pork Shoulder
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow Onion, Sliced
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, Crushed
- 3T Fresh Oregano, chopped (1T of Dried Oregano will work as a substitute.)
- 1T Fennel Seeds
- 2t Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 t Garlic Powder
- 1 T Black Pepper
- ½ C Butter
- Salt to taste
- Place the Pork Shoulder in a pressure cooker (instant pot works!) with the cans of tomatoes, yellow onion, and garlic. Seal the pressure cooker and cook for 1 hour.
- Transfer the pork, tomatoes, onion and garlic to a large pot and discard all but 1 cup of the liquid. Add the liquid to the pot and add the oregano, fennel seeds, crushed red pepper, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Cook over a medium high heat until the liquid has reduced in half. At this point, break apart the pork so it integrates with the rest of the sauce.
- Add the butter and reduce over medium high heat for another five minutes. Season with salt to taste and serve over pasta.