Cooking from Home is a series our Executive Chef, Bret Andreasen, began during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our hope is simply to bring a little bit of the comfort and delight of Tarragon into your homes.
A hearty yet refreshing option for a beautiful Spring day!
- 1 ¾ C Vegetable Broth
- 1 T Salt
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 oz Couscous
- 2 T Fresh Rosemary, Finely Chopped
- Add the vegetable broth, salt and extra virgin olive oil to a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Add the couscous and briefly stir. Remove from the heat and cover with a lid. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the rosemary. Gently fluff the couscous with a fork.
- 6 Roma Tomatoes, Cored
- 2 Handfuls of Arugula or Spinach
- 1 English Cucumber, Peeled, Quartered and Sliced
- 1 Shallot, Finely Julienned
- 2 T Garlic, Minced
- 1 T Fresh Thyme Leaves
- ¼ C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Cut the roma tomatoes into large pieces (6 to 8 pieces per tomato).
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and toss to incorporate.
- Using a spoon, place the couscous onto the plates and top with the tomato salad. Make sure to use all the juices left in the bowl, this acts as the vinaigrette.