Goat Cheese Tart Ingredients:
- 1 oz Fresh Goat Cheese per tart
- 1 Slice Heirloom Tomato per tart
- ¼ t Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary per tart
- Salt and Black Pepper
Tart Crust Ingredients:
- 2 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 C Butter, Small Diced
- 1 T Salt
- ¼ C Ice Water
- Place the butter, flour, salt, and water in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix it slowly until it forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and allow the dough to rest for half an hour.
Goat Cheese Tart:
- Divide the tart crust into 2 oz portions. Use a rolling pin to flatten into a circle about 6” in diameter.
- Place the goat cheese in the center of the crust in a thin disc approximately the size of the tomato.
- Place a ¼” slice of tomato on top of the goat cheese.
- Gently crimp the crust around the edges of the tomato.
- Lightly distribute the rosemary, salt and pepper over the top of the tomato.
- Beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon of water and brush the tart crust around the tomato, this will give the crust a beautiful golden brown color.
- Bake in a conventional oven at 400 for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the tomato is cooked.