In addition to all of the activities and attractions in Ohio’s Amish Country, guests at our boutique hotel enjoy a unique set of resort amenities to complement a relaxing getaway. Located on 50 secluded acres of woodland, The Inn at Honey Run is an intimate retreat surrounded by walking trails and wildlife. Inside, you’ll find a cozy, welcoming atmosphere with an array of places to unwind. In order to provide the most tranquil experience possible for all of our guests, we are an adult-only hotel and we do not allow pets.
No matter the season, a stroll through the trees along one of our seven walking trails is the perfect way to get some fresh air (see map at right). You can visit our sheep in the pasture, stop for a picnic by our pond, or hike to the top of the hill for a stunning view of the surrounding Amish Country farms. If you’re looking for a longer two-wheeled excursion, the Holmes County Trail passes right through downtown Millersburg on its 16-mile stretch from Killbuck to Fredericksburg.
Amish Country is a prime region for birdwatching, with just the right mix of woods and open spaces. The variety of species will impress even the most savvy Ohio birder, and a casual observer can still spot his or her fair share of feathered creatures with little effort.
- Binoculars and birding guides are included in all guest rooms.
- Bird feeders surround all accommodations, so you can spot our winged neighbors from the comfort of your room.
- Guests can borrow our Yukon NV Tracker 1×24 night vision goggles to see nocturnal birds like Great Horned Owls, Northern Mockingbirds, and Barred Owls around the hotel and grounds after dark.
Registered Tunis Sheep
- Visit our sheep: The barn and pasture at Honey Run is home to our very own flock of sheep. They provide wool for quilts and sweaters, and they love to meet our guests. Click here to learn more about our flock.
Dining at Tarragon
Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner 365 days a year, Tarragon provides an intimate setting for a finely-prepared meal. You’ll find a menu for Room Service in each room. Service fees are applied to Room Service orders.
The common areas at our Ohio boutique hotel offer a perfect place to unwind with a group of friends, a favorite book, or a cocktail. Fireplaces, ablaze from November through the spring, add warmth and ambiance. As with all indoor areas at the Inn, you’ll find access to complimentary WiFi, no password required. Refresh yourself with a complimentary beverage and a sweet treat in the Lobby of the second floor of the Inn.
In our Game Room, you’ll find a collection of board games surrounded by a warm, relaxing environment.
Entertainment and Technology
- WiFi: Guests have complimentary access to WiFi in all buildings.
- Tablets: Available to sign out at the desk. Use them to help identify birds, plan a visit to your Amish Country attraction of choice, or just keep up to speed with the outside world. Guests also have electronic access to a variety of newspapers using the devices.
- Blu-Ray/DVD Library: Available to borrow at no charge. For an extra treat, turn your room into a movie theater with our Film Lover’s Package.
Honey Run is home to Central Ohio’s first open air art museum. We working with artists of varying backgounds to merge large-scale pieces with the natural environment and enrich the culture of Holmes County. The Holmes County Open Air Art Museum includes an evolving collection of artwork, sculptures, earthworks, and other creations permanently installed outside and unprotected from the natural elements. It is art that you can walk through, gaze up at, and witness in each changing season, art that constantly evolves against the backdrop of rural farmland and forested trails. Read more about our Open Air Art Museum, including the artists, installations and upcoming openings here.
Within easy reach of both Cleveland and Columbus, The Inn at Honey Run provides the perfect opportunity to escape the office for a rural Ohio board meeting, retreat, or team-building outing. We provide custom planning and catering options to help make your event at our Ohio meeting venue memorable and productive.
Sign up for Stash Rewards — it’s free — and earn points toward free nights with every stay at The Inn at Honey Run.
The gift shop at The Inn at Honey Run is open 6:30am – 12:00am. The shop contains gifts and decorative items similar to those seen throughout our Ohio boutique hotel, in addition to featured items from local artists. The gift shop is known for its greeting cards, bird items, crafts, books and specialty items.
Looking for a specific gift? Contact Guest Services at (330) 674-0011 for any questions regarding our Gift Shop.