Chef Fetty’s Recipe of the Month – September
As the kid’s begin to go back to school and the evenings get crisp, something occurs to me. It’s never too early to begin thinking about holiday baking! I realize that football season has just begun, however before you know it, the holidays will be upon us. These cookies are extremely popular here at the Inn and are great anytime of the year. They also freeze very well and will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. Of course, we eat them before they have a chance to be frozen! Please enjoy!
Double Chocolate Cranberry Chunkies
Yields 2 dz. cookies
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks or large chips
- ¾ cup dried cranberries or tart cherries
- Additional granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside. Beat butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and cranberries. Drop dough by level ¼ cups onto ungreased cookie sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Flatten dough until 2 inches in diameter with the bottom of a glass which has been dipped in raw sugar
- Bake 11-12 minutes or until the cookies are barely set.
- After the cookies have cooled for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet trays, transfer them to cooling racks and allow them to completely cool before storing in an air-tight container.